Thursday, September 22, 2011

A little horror story

Finally I had gone to sleep after  3 AM
A little rewind before the time I fell asleep.
I had finally succeeded in putting my reluctant toddler to bed by 11. By 12, when I was still tossing in the bed seeing my hubby and son probably way down the dreamland I decided to slip out of my bed. First thing that I could think of, was ofcourse the laptop. Thankfully (atleast what I thought at that time) I got a friend on chat.

After the usual hows and whats about our lives, our chat moved on to the locations we were in. When she asked  me what were the special attractions near the place I lived, I told her this state was more famous for its horror stories than anything else. (There are websites dedicated to the ghost stories of Ohio btw). And then I shared some horror stories that I had read. And then as it usually happens, there were some stories shared by her too. Time was around 1:45 a.m, and she had to leave. She is in India btw, so I wasnt actually keeping someone else awake like me! So then I thought even I should try to sleep.Went to bed, pulled my blanket and closed my eyes.

I was slowly drifting to sleep when I heard a loud 'COME LETS SING'.  I opened my eyes (if it was a movie, there would have been a background music 'DHAN' at this stage). Both my sweethearts were sleeping.I just looked around, nothing. I told myself  'Too many ghost stories I have discussed, I am imagining..should go to sleep'. In such occassions like all do, said a lil prayer and closed my eyes again. Then again, 'COME LETS SING'.  I sat up. I was sure I heard it this time. Now it continued with some weird music as well. It came from the living room.

"AAAwwww Sacheth's toy!!!!" I jumped out of the bed to switch off the stupid toy before it woke up the other two in my house. Reached for the toy in the dark only, shut it up and threw it in his toy box. Probably its battery was dying and so it cried...whatever! Slid silently under the blanket again. Within minutes there was a 'thud thud thud thud' sound, then there was a 'Hiiii I am baby ted' and then a little 'tup' sound and then a song 'Come on and play now, and say some colours too'. I uttered some curses after my usual 'Ayyo' and ran to the living room again. Switched on the lights this time and saw what was really happening. The first toy that I had put in dark had probably landed on some other toy making it lose its balance. it landed on a talking toy which made him talk, it landed on the baseball bat which hit another teddy which called me out loud to say some colors. Woow what a day rather night!!
When I reached the bedroom again, I was terribly jealous seeing the two souls sleeping peacefully even when the toys just finished a crazy party. Well I just hoped that the toy party was over, but did not want to take a chance. So I slept with my ipod blaring songs on high volume in my ear to be sure that I did not hear anything else and blame the ghost stories.

So my new routine now before going to bed, other than ofcourse the usual checking for doors locked and lights turned off - Make sure all his toys are switched off and none of them are in contact with each other. I dont want them to get in a mood and start a bash again!


6 comments:

A Sunny Yellow Window said...

lol :D
But Rithe, you must double check ok.. what if indeed there were spirits around?? Check under your bed n all before going to sleep okay :D

A' nil said...

Ritz,

This is how ghost stories are made, churned, or written. Reaction is always instinctive. So, relax. When you have the belief, trust, and faith in the ALMIGHTY, then nothing must affect you. Always keep up good thoughts in mind. If you take certain odd things to bed, then you surely are at a receiving end. For example, when I go to sleep, I imagine that I wake up in the morning to see myself dead. Isn't this funny, and at the same time scary too? Well, never multiply your negativity. Even if you put your headphones or earphones on your ears and listen to blaring music, what guarantee do you have that you can parse away other sounds? :-)

Moreover, before I conclude, I would like to tell you that please do not let the imaginary ghosts or crap thoughts like these into you. The more you do, the more unpeaceful or disturbed you would be.

You used to keep away from ghost stories and horror movies when you were a kid. Why didn't you leave that behind? Did anyone tell you that you would be better off when you listen, read, or watch ghost stuff? Mind you, that doesn't happen always!

Be blessed always, and let it pass. Cheers!

chandini said...

:D....COME LETS SING....creepy....now whenever we google for the horror stories abt your place/state may be we get this reference too...:P

prajna said...

Hi reethakka,very nicely narrated as usual..i think anil bhava dont know that we used to play horror skit in dhareshwar:P ,,,reethakka u r great..if i am in ur place i would have made my husband to go :).i dont have so much courage,that too after telling horror stories :)..nice one...keep writing.
keep writing :)

Unknown said...

@Ambike :Eeshh dont tell me...
@Anilanna : That time also I used to love listening to stories and would be scared later :P
@Ch : Yeah :)
@Prajna : Ya I remember, we were playing all those things in between those trees and in the beach also i think :)

anubhav tiwari said...

:D