Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The 10 minute challenge

Sounds like a tagline from a product ad? Well...its not....One of my friend, threw a challenge.... Challenge was simple....atleast what I thought at that time...
I had to think of something other than family friends and work for 10 mins at a strech....Sounds simple right?
I felt....aah anytime possible!

I was a little drowned in my work when this challenge was thrown.....when I was returning back home, I thought of it, and gave it a try.....infact many tries :-)

Topic chosen : ShahRukh Khan......why? just like that....
ShahRukh seems to be such a sweet guy.....there is something in him that makes me watch his movies.....I know there are many who like his movies like me....and there are some like my husband who just hate him....aaahh....aaah....no family member to be thought of!!!!!!

Ok no problem....hotha hai....will try after sometime....

Topic chosen : Cricket.....why? hee hee even i dont know...

Just to make it clear..... it wasnt that I had to choose a topic and think about it for 10 mins...i just chose them so that I dont get distracted.....

Ya cricket.....hmm Men in Blue .. Sachin, Sourav, Dravid, Kumble, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Sehwaag, Ishanth Sharma, Uthappa, Kapil Dev, Sidhu, Azaruddin, Mongia, Jadeja, ( I looked at my watch....damn....its just around 15 seconds!!!...Ritha....cmon you can do it!) hmmm Javagal Srinath, Ravi Shastri, gavaskar and ofcourse his son Jr.Gavaskar....his name....hmm... anyways...then....Irfan Pathan, Joginder Sharma, hmm.....Harbhajan ofcourse! and....... who else who else? some more names please.....arre.........whats wrong with me? Am I tensed? ( I think I am desperate to win this challenge!) hmm.....ok let me shift to Aussie team..... Ponting, Gilchrist, Symonds...... "Tan Tan Tananana Tan Tan......taaaanananana naaaaa......." my cell ringing ofcourse....and the call from office...."Hey Ritha, I have overwritten the file in LAN by mistake, do you have its earlier copy with you?".....I felt like 'eeeeeeeeh', yes ofcourse for the challenge being uncomplete.....and yes I did have the earlier version of the file with me.....so.......

Huh....So now? I am going to give it another try....yes and this time with my cell switched OFF....
And this time, believe me, I said NO TOPICS...let me think with the flow.....its just 10 mins after all.....

Pets at home, I have heard are real stress busters...... no no....something is running in the back of my mind....let me start again....

Relaxed for a few more mins and....

When I am free, I am almost always in front of the TV...... my writing habit has like kind of rusted.... I used to read so many books some time back, and now I am all the time hooked on to television......... and the chain of thought went of for a long time...and yes I did NOT think of family, friends or work in between at all......just glanced at my watch to check how much more time to win....and I was all smiles when I saw that I had completed 9 mins 5 secs......gooooood goooooood... so now I can say Arun that I did it!!! Arun by the way, is the friend who asked me to try this challenge.....
So........................................................

I will keep trying....... this is an interesting one for sure...... though for little over 9 mins, it really acted like a stress buster for me...thanks for this Arun!
And others....why not give it a try too?

5 comments:

செந்தில் நாதன் Senthil Nathan said...

good one...let me also give a try...

EveryLetterCounts said...

well you had quite a challenge. i can bet you will think about your family or friends when asked not to think about them.. or infact anything that you are asked not to think about. it is like those paradoxes. let me put it in simpler terms. if someone asks you to not think about the color blue you will surely think of the color blue.coz you have to think of color blue so that you try and not think about it. did i confuse you?

watch matrix movie: morpheus to neo: stop trying to hit me and hit me :)

but one of the best humors that i have seen from you so far. so keep thinking and make me keep smiling by penning more such articles.

A' nil said...

Nice one, though the saga of thinking about something not regular beyond the quoted "10-minute challenge" is not exactly a challenge!! If one visualizes this as a challenge, it surely will, else everything is a passé! There are so many instances in our day-to-day life that hardly go noticed, and almost everyone exceeds beyond the numbered capacity. Examples are many, but then again, the perspective differs!

How many of us think really about family members, friends, work, or home when travelling from home to office, or vice versa? Hardly a handful!

Does the traffic, the road-idiots, the law-breakers allow us?? Being driven/ridden by others always helps us save time on hands and think differently.. :-)

As an antidote, try the reverse: Do the opposite now (think about everyone close to you and nothing else)....
Possible?? Heh! Yes!

The Almighty's network is intertwined! :-)

Himanshu said...

Goooooood... i am gonna try it before i sleep today... Though i am sure to fail...

Keep writing...

Uttam said...

Ritha..
Nice one.. Not the challenge.. But the way u have narrated it.. Just for a minute went back to our training rooms.. Keep going..